Check it out on TabithaDumas.com.
I am still in the process of putting all of my products and services under one umbrella but in the meantime, I am NOT taking on any new writing or consulting clients, which leaves me more time for YOU, my FanTABulous Women community!
I would LOVE to spend time with you talking about color, image and style! We can even go shopping together! OR, I can come help you in your closet!
YES, I can provide most of my services virtually, too! Contact me for more information.
My rates start at just $50 for an hour together when you come to my home office or we meet up in the east Phoenix valley. I can even do an “‘All About Me Day’ Head to Toe Makeover” package deal starting at just $499! Treat yourself or someone you love.
I look forward to meeting with you! And remember, I offer group events and workshops, too, starting at just $10 per person. Contact me for more info!
Spring is springing!
Are you sooooo over winter and ready for a refresh??
I’m offering a Total Spring Refresh for just $25 when you come to my home office/studio/craft room in south Chandler in the month of March!
Come with your skin care, makeup and color questions!
What does the Total Spring Refresh include?
- color analysis (including determination of your Dominant Color Category, best neutrals and best ‘pop’ colors plus much more)
- complete pampering facial including microdermabrasion treatment
- Satin Hands treatment
- MakeUpdate (we clean out your makeup bag, you get to try out a new look and I recommend makeup colors for you–Mary Kay or your favorite brand, it’s your choice)
- determination of your best SPRING colors
- light refreshments
- a FREE gift!
Plus receive an additional $10 gift certificate if you choose to purchase any Mary Kay products used during your appointment.
Plan to spend about an hour with me and YES, children are welcome! We have a playroom and a grassy back yard–no pool and no pets! Paypal, cash and checks are accepted.
You’ll feel like a new woman! Contact me to schedule your appointment today!
And…if you can’t make it to my house, I can come to you and two or more of your friends for just $10 per person! Contact me for details!
Girly or not–and whether your everyday wardrobe consists of jeans and tee shirts or office attire–here are some excellent reasons to add a few feminine touches to your wardrobe.
For more ideas, visit my Feminine Details Pinterest board.
- They play down your problem areas.
Pink fingernails or a pin-tucked blouse puts the attention where you want it. When you’re wearing sparkly earrings, no one is looking at your hips.
- They accentuate your best features.
Pretty feet? Shapely legs? Wear fantastic shoes. Nice teeth? Play up your smile with pink or red lipstick.
- They jazz up a plain outfit.
Are you comfortable spending your day in jeans and a tee-shirt? Just add a funky headband to add some interest. Are you required to wear business suits to your job at the bank? Add a vintage scarf in a fun print or a unique pin to your lapel. Even if you have to wear a red shirt and khaki pants to work, you’ll feel more “you” if you wear a crystal hair clip or colorful shoes with your uniform.
- They’re a conversation starter.
It never fails–when I wear bright colors, bold jewelry or an interesting combination of patterns, people notice me and talk to me more. Unless you prefer to always blend into the crowd, adding some feminine touches will cause you to be perceived as a fun, approachable, interesting person.
- They remind you that you’re a girl.
Men haven’t adopted high heels or skirts yet so enjoy how good it feels to wear girly clothes! There’s something about bright lip gloss, jangly bangles or an up-do that just makes you sashay a little more when you walk. Why not celebrate your womanhood??
- They’re fun!
And who doesn’t need a little more fun in her life?
Do you need to add more feminine touches to your outfits? What might you try? Keep the conversation going on the FanTABulous Women Facebook page.
Remember to visit my Feminine Details Pinterest board! And let me know if you’d like to be added as my Pin Pal!
Need help with your wardrobe? Let me help you “get noticed and become unforgettable”–contact me about a wardrobe assessment or personal shopping trip!
Next post: fun feminine touches for every wardrobe.
Christmas and New Year’s Eve are both quickly approaching.
If you’re like me, you can’t go out and buy new outfits for all of the upcoming occasions and photo ops BUT you want to look and feel amazing.
So, here are five ways to add some holiday WOW to our outfits. Shop your closet first, or treat yourself to something new–a lot of these items are deeply discounted this time of year!
1. Embellish your neck.
Any outfit or coat looks letter with a little pizzazz close to your face. You can wear your most basic pants and top but when you add a festive, sparkly or colorful scarf, it’s a WOW.
A festive red and green plaid, polka dots or a scarf in your pop color are good places to start. Not sure what your pop colors are? Discover your Dominant Color Category to find out!
2. Add some bling.
Pile on the bracelets, wear your chandelier earrings and add an extra ring or two–the bigger the better. Drag out your costume or vintage jewelry and even add a pin to your coat lapel while you’re at it.
Carry a sequined or glittery clutch or purse, too.
And wear your sequined or glittery shoes! It’s hard to overdo it when it’s the holidays.
3. Wear bright lipstick.
Whether red, plum or bright pink, wear a color that will make you feel fabulous. Almost everyone looks good in true red (with no orange undertones). A blue-based red even makes your teeth look whiter!
Exfoliate your lips with a warm washcloth or a gentle sugar scrub so dead skin doesn’t sabotage your look.
Remember: when you go with strong lips, keep your eyes and cheeks toned down.
4. Accessorize your ‘do.
Headbands, flower clips and feathers are “in” right now, so sweep your hair up or to the side and add a little flourish. You can even apply colored gel (pink! purple!) or tinsel! Fun!
5. Show off your legs.
Wear patterned tights, your highest heels or apply body lotion with glitter in it. You’ll feel flirty and feminine and might even walk a little taller.
Bonus! 6. Wear anything with feminine details, like ruffles or lace. It’s so pretty–and festive. It’s especially fun to mix in fancy with plain, like jeans with a lace top or black velvet pants with a simple tunic.
A few other tips:
- Plan your outfits ahead of time and hang them in your closet to avoid digging for stockings or an errant earring at the last minute.
- Take care of your skin, particularly when the weather is cold or windy. Drink plenty of water and hydrate, especially over night. Remember to take care of your feet, knees and elbows, too.
Need help taming winter skin? Contact me for a facial with a microdermabrasion treatment included! Your skin will thank you!
- Check out my “Holiday Wow!” Pinterest board for pictures and more ideas!
What can you add to your outfits for some holiday WOW?
This may seem a bit premature for some of you (back to school?!? In July?!?) but my oldest son is on a modified year-round school schedule (two weeks off after each grading period and seven weeks off in summer) and starts 2nd grade on July 22nd.
My baby is starting second grade!! Eeeeeek!!
Back-to-school time is HERE for us and I realized that I—work-at-home mom and home manager—need to get myself ready!
For me, summer has been a mixed bag. Yes, we got to take a road trip to my home state of Florida at the start of summer and, yes, my older son has kept the younger one occupied during the day so I could log some billable hours, but…we’ve been doing the “stay up late and wake up late” routine but when the boys are up late, I can’t get “real work” done (I need total peace and quiet to write) and my mornings when they’re sleeping in are not very productive. I’ve been lax on housework and meal planning (don’t ask me how many pizza boxes were in the recycle bin this week) and I’m low on energy because of the wacky sleep schedule. Plus, I’ve had to postpone my usual meetings because it’s hard to get child care for both boys.
I’m ready to get back into the school routine.
This year will be unique because on August 5, my younger son will begin preschool so I will have nine hours a week to be foot loose and kid-free. I’ll keep the fancy.
So I need to be ready.
Here are a few tools I assembled to help ME prepare! The idea is to keep things running smoothly and to set yourself up for a wonderful school year. For yourself AND the kids!
Cookbooks and meal planning tools.
Pull out your favorite cookbooks, grab a shopping list and map out your meals for the week (I do pizza, taco soup and pasta almost every week). Mine have to be quick, easy, and kid-friendly (and when I say kid, I mean picky-eater-kid).
New office supplies.
Why should the kids be the only ones who get fresh folders, markers and composition books?? Get some cute folders for filing all of the papers that will soon be coming in from school and treat yourself to some pretty pens and highlighters. Have a day planner handy, too, for writing down PTA meeting times and coffee dates. Remember to schedule in “me time,” too!
I advise my Mary Kay customers to have an everyday makeup look accessible to grab even if they only have five minutes to spend on their face in the morning. All you need is one or two neutral eye colors, a soft blush, mascara and gloss. I highly recommend the Mary Kay 3-in-1 cleanser, too, because it cleanses, exfoliates and freshens in one step. My other favorite multi-tasking product is the Mary Kay Moisture Renewing Gel Mask. It feels almost like aloe and you can use it as a quick mask or wear it overnight if your skin is dry, inflamed or stressed.
Designate a “mom zone” or “home management zone.”
This is the place to keep paperwork, calendars, to-do lists and things like greeting cards, wrapping supplies and bills all in one spot that is yours alone.
As you can see above, I am spoiled—I have a studio/office/craft room (nearly) all to myself but you can use a small desk, a corner of your laundry room or even a closet. For example…
Below is is my “drop and grab zone” between the front door and the garage where I can drop my keys or grab library books on the way in or out, plus a spot for reminders and papers.
Take a moment to tweak your inspiration board, too, so that the things that inspire you or make you smile are where you can see them regularly.
If you work from home, you may want to reorganize your desk or set up new filing systems–whatever it takes to be efficient and productive.
If you’re a home school mom, now is the time to get your desk and teaching area(s) ready.
There are some fun ideas for work-at-home and home school moms on my Back To School Pinterest board.
And you can’t go back to school without books!
I have found a good many of these at Goodwill.
Two of my favorites: “Simple Abundance” by Sarah Ban Breathnach and “Organized Simplicity” by Tsh Oxenreider.
For those with a business: “Love is the Killer Ap” by Tim Sanders, “Good to Great” by Jim Collins and “The Power of Uniqueness” by Arthur F. Miller, Jr.
And for personal development: “By Happy Without Being Perfect” by Alice D. Domar, Ph.D, “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families” by Stephen R. Covey and “Take Time For Your Life” by Cheryl Richardson.
You may also need a new tote bag to carry your books in or maybe a pretty new purse for fall. You get a backpack for the kids, why not treat yourself??
Have some fun before the race to Winter Break begins and set yourself up for a wonderful new school year.
Remember to visit my Back To School Pinterest board board for more ideas, inspiring images and links!
Most of us aren’t required to look 100% professional 24/7.
It is inevitable that you will run into a colleague at the grocery store when you are still in your workout clothes or at the home improvement store when you are in your yard work clothes. I don’t know anyone who lives their entire life in a suit.
However, for those times when you want to look like the most professional version of yourself, here are some image tips. The main goals are to represent yourself well, to look like you’ve got it together and to not distract anyone with how you look.
Ladies & Gentlemen
1. Have a mint and save the gum for weekends. Chewing gum just looks silly in a professional environment, plus you may be like me and be tempted to blow bubbles, making you look like an eight-year-old.
2. Put your sunglasses away. You can’t imagine how many times I see people sitting in a meeting with their sunglasses perched on their head. Ladies, sunglasses are NOT a headband.
3. Clean up your shoes. Nothing looks more careless than dirty shoes. If you live somewhere dusty, keep wet wipes handy to clean up before entering a meeting.
4. Keep your nails trimmed and clean. Ladies, nude and light colors look best for your fingers (and use your discretion when it comes to your toes–you can probably get away with bold colors if you prefer).
5. Mind your body language. Maintain proper posture and when someone is speaking, make eye contact, nod and smile as appropriate.
6. Don’t overdo the cleavage or the exposed leg. Don’t let your skin be a distraction or affect your credibility. In fact, I recommend against spaghetti straps in the office and even sleeveless tops unless it is very modestly cut. Knee-length skirts or longer are also recommended. Oh, and when you wear a skirt, make sure it is lined or PLEASE wear a slip.
7. Beware of “dress shorts” and even “dress capris,” meaning fancier shorts and capris that are supposed to be office-worthy (like with pin stripes). Just make sure your overall look says “Professional” and not “about to board a cruise.”
8. Wear some makeup. It is a proven fact that women are considered more confident and competent when they wear simple, flattering makeup. Even out your skin tone with tinted moisturizer or foundation and accentuate your best features with a little mascara, plus a neutral blush and light lip gloss.
8. Keep your hair groomed. That means your facial hair, ears and nose, too! Consider waxing that uni-brow and PLEASE trim your long eyebrows.
9. Be bold with color! Don’t shy away from colors other than black, navy or gray. Whether a collared shirt or a dress shirt, most men (especially those of you with salt-and-pepper hair) look great in purple, red, a shade of turquoise and even orange. If your job requires you to be more conservative, consider a purple or pink-hued tie instead.
When you look your best, you will be AT your best!
What do YOU think should be added to this list?
Need help with your professional image? Contact me to schedule a “Next Step Assessment” to determine how we can work together to elevate your look to the next level!
Having worked at a Hallmark store for three years, I distinctly remember the last-minute rush EVERY year in the days leading up to Mother’s Day.
Thankfully, my mom already went through my Mary Kay inventory and chose HER gift–now I just have to wrap it!
Do YOU need some last-minute ideas?
Here are things you can get at almost any corner store and put together for a thoughtful gift.
Toss a ribbon around it or plunk it into a gift bag and you’re good to go! KEYWORD: “pretty!”
An artist’s sketchbook and some colored pencils or watercolors
A blank journal and a pretty pen
A pretty mug and a selection of tea or coffee (or coffee syrups)
A pretty frame
Gourmet cookies or snacks
Flavored vodka. There are so many options now!
A pretty scarf or wrap in her favorite color
Hand lotion and a calming candle for bedtime
Flowers in a pretty pot
Or I can help you out!
I do offer gift certificates and can even send you some verbiage for enclosing in Mom’s card!
Here are some of my offerings that your mom would LOVE!
:: Color analysis and beauty makeover (including going through her current products as well as recommending new ones)
:: An hour (or more) of my personal shopping services along with a gift card to her favorite store
:: Assistance with setting up an at-home spa experience
:: A closet overhaul and wardrobe assessment
:: A whole new skin care regimen or a new makeup look (plus the Ten Minute Face Tutorial for applying makeup in a flash)
Prices start at just $25 and YES, almost all of my services are available in-person and virtually!
Contact me for more information! (602) 349-1129 or letmerephrasethat(at)gmail.com
I do also have a few impressive Mary Kay items left if you happen to be local. I could even wrap and ship them for you!
The Mary Kay Mint Blossom pedicure set is just $25 and includes the cute bag, foot bath fizzy balls, a pumice, a cute nail file and the AMAZING Mint Blossom Icy Foot Gel. It smells terrific!
I also have the classic Satin Hands pampering set for $36. Perfect for keeping Mom’s hands soft and smooth!
I have eye shadow, blush, lipstick and lip gloss, too (from $6.50 to $16)–just tell me about your mom’s coloring and I can recommend the right shades!
I hope this helps and I wish YOU and your family a very Happy Mother’s Day!
Spring cleaning shouldn’t end at your baseboards.
When was the last time that you threw away old makeup and skin care items??
Besides cleaning out items you don’t use anymore, it’s also important to toss expired items.
Here are my guidelines. Get to tossin’!
P.S. Not sure what to keep or toss? Bring your makeup over for a Spring Makeover and I’ll help you get rid of what doesn’t work for you AND use what you have to look your best!
If you’re joining us from the FanTABulous Women email newsletter, welcome!
Do you find yourself wishing for a smoother morning routine that also helps you start your day looking and feeling your best?
Here are my five secrets!
1. Choose your outfit the night before. Try it on and lay out everything you will need, including undergarments, shoes and accessories. There’s nothing more stressful than searching for a lone camisole or errant earring when you’re racing against the clock in the morning!
2. Have a simple everyday makeup look easily accessible. Set aside your wild eye shadows and bold lipsticks for special occasions. Make sure that your basic foundation and mascara, along with two to three eye shadows and a blush in neutral shades, are handy so you have no excuse for leaving the house without makeup on.
3. Start your day in a happy place. Take time to sip a cup of coffee, read a page from an inspiring book, repeat your personal mantra, stretch your body or write in your journal before the craziness of the day sets in. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman with a smile on her face and a spring in her step!
4. Keep healthy breakfast foods on hand. Whether it’s a boiled egg, protein bar, V8 juice or cheese stick, eating a healthy breakfast doesn’t have to mean sitting down to a hot meal. You’ll feel better all day if you start it with good fuel and having something you can grab on your way out the door will help guard against desperate donut purchases.
5. Get a grip on your to-do list. Whether twenty items or three, spend some time with your to-do list in the morning and map out your day. Consider tackling your hardest task first, followed by a fun task, to start your day well. Try to schedule in some “me time,” too, even if it’s just flipping through a new magazine in the school car line or enjoying a special treat with your lunch.
Here’s to a happier and more FanTABulous morning!
Could your morning routine use some help? What ideas would you consider implementing this week?