Check it out on TabithaDumas.com.
I am still in the process of putting all of my products and services under one umbrella but in the meantime, I am NOT taking on any new writing or consulting clients, which leaves me more time for YOU, my FanTABulous Women community!
I would LOVE to spend time with you talking about color, image and style! We can even go shopping together! OR, I can come help you in your closet!
YES, I can provide most of my services virtually, too! Contact me for more information.
My rates start at just $50 for an hour together when you come to my home office or we meet up in the east Phoenix valley. I can even do an “‘All About Me Day’ Head to Toe Makeover” package deal starting at just $499! Treat yourself or someone you love.
I look forward to meeting with you! And remember, I offer group events and workshops, too, starting at just $10 per person. Contact me for more info!
Spring is springing!
Are you sooooo over winter and ready for a refresh??
I’m offering a Total Spring Refresh for just $25 when you come to my home office/studio/craft room in south Chandler in the month of March!
Come with your skin care, makeup and color questions!
What does the Total Spring Refresh include?
- color analysis (including determination of your Dominant Color Category, best neutrals and best ‘pop’ colors plus much more)
- complete pampering facial including microdermabrasion treatment
- Satin Hands treatment
- MakeUpdate (we clean out your makeup bag, you get to try out a new look and I recommend makeup colors for you–Mary Kay or your favorite brand, it’s your choice)
- determination of your best SPRING colors
- light refreshments
- a FREE gift!
Plus receive an additional $10 gift certificate if you choose to purchase any Mary Kay products used during your appointment.
Plan to spend about an hour with me and YES, children are welcome! We have a playroom and a grassy back yard–no pool and no pets! Paypal, cash and checks are accepted.
You’ll feel like a new woman! Contact me to schedule your appointment today!
And…if you can’t make it to my house, I can come to you and two or more of your friends for just $10 per person! Contact me for details!
Spring is coming, spring is coming!!
I want to make bright ribbon streamers and dance barefoot through the streets shouting “Spring is coming!!”
I love spring.
So I’m hosting a shin-dig!
It’s my “Crafty Spring Origami Owl Day.”
It’s basically all of my favorite things rolled into one afternoon: friends, refreshments, crafting, origami, spring and Origami Owl jewelry. Yippee!!
It’s Friday, March 14th at 3:00pm at my house.
We will be
- having “girl time” in my home studio/craft room
- making origami goodies like dresses and envelopes–yes, you will leave with finished creations! (doing origami is so relaxing!)
- enjoying yummy food and drink
- looking at the HOT spring colors for 2014
- checking out my friend Shannan’s Origami Owl jewelry (side note: Shannan is such an amazing designer and team leader for Origami Owl–come learn some of her secrets!)
You can check it out on Shannan’s Origami Owl website here.
I have a few things on my Origami Owl Love Pinterest board, too.
Let me know if you want a catalog, too.
If you’ve never been to an Origami Owl jewelry bar, they’re so much fun! These “living lockets” make a wonderful gift for you to give yourself or give to a loved one. What a wonderful way to tell your story! They’re also perfect for Mother’s Day, which is coming up soon!
Of course there will be prizes, too!!
This event falls during our Spring Break so, yes, kids ARE welcome to come along and play in our playroom or back yard. My house is not baby-proofed, but it IS kid-friendly!
Moms, daughters and friends are welcome, too!
So meet some new ladies and “get your craft on!”
Event details are on the Facebook event page. Seating is limited to 12 so your RSVP is appreciated.
Welcome to my new meme called “Why I Bought That.”
I am all about Shopping on Purpose, meaning saving time, money and frustration by filling your closet with clothes that
- fill in the gaps of what you need in your wardrobe
- coordinate with what you already own–style-wise as well as color
- work for your lifestyle and have a reasonable “cost per wear”
- fit within your Dominant Color Category
- complement your body type.
Add to that “make you feel good.” No one needs to wear clothes that make them feel uncomfortable or awkward, or that they just don’t look good in. You should love what you see in the mirror!
So, yesterday I spent about an hour in a local Bealls Outlet and came out with two tops. I was on the hunt for pants but none of them worked–pants are tricky for me at 5’9″ and possessing hips.
I thought this top was really cute but I only bought one.
Before we even go into the color, let’s talk about Why I Bought That (based on the above list).
- I needed some versatile tops for spring–chevron is on trend and classic at the same time
- it can be dressed up or down (jeans for the weekend, with a blazer for work)
- I can layer it with a jacket or cardigan (also making it multi-seasonal)
- it’s comfortable and easy to wash (cotton/spandex back, poly front)–and a smoking deal at just $12!
- the colors and pattern work well for me (a Deep DCC)
- the style is flattering (loose and flowy but not boxy)–and it’s plenty long
Now are you wondering which one I chose?
The BLACK one!
Why the black?
Mainly because of #2 above: “coordinates with what you already own–style-wise as well as color.” See below?
- I already own black jeans and black Bermuda shorts to wear it with
- I can wear it more easily with colored jeans or capris like red, turquoise or purple (which I’m on the hunt for)
- it will go with the accessories I already own like my black shoes, black boots and green purse
- it will be easy to accessorize with jewelry items I already own
So there you go.
(I may buy a turquoise bubble necklace to go with it, though–but only if it fits all of the criteria, too!)
Next time you’re debating about buying something new, just ask yourself:
- Does it fill in the gaps of what I need in my wardrobe?
- Does it coordinate with what I already own–style-wise as well as color?
- Does it work for my lifestyle and have a reasonable “cost per wear?”
- Does it fit within my Dominant Color Category?
- Does it complement my body type?
And of course…”do I feel FanTABulous when I wear it?”
I hope this helps you Shop on Purpose. Stay tuned for my next installment!
Is this helpful or inspiring? Leave a comment or hop on over to the FanTABulous Women Facebook page to keep the conversation going.
If you live in the Phoenix valley and need personal shopping services, rates start at $50 per hour! Contact me for more info.
FINAL NOTE: After reading your guesses and reasons on Facebook, I’m thinking about going back to buy the blue one, too!!
If you’re tired of wasting time, energy and MONEY on wardrobe pieces that will end up languishing in your closet, destined for the “donate” pile, read on!
Let’s shop on purpose!
This is an introduction to a new meme I’ll be doing called “Why I bought that,” where I’ll demonstrate smart shopping habits by
- showing you what I bought and
- explaining why I bought it.
Look for installment #1 later this week!
To kick us off, here are some ways to SHOP ON PURPOSE that I’ll be explaining in more detail in the coming months.
1. Inventory your wardrobe and shop according to a list of what you need.
You may need camisoles so you can wear your sheer blouses or a white skirt to pair with your denim jacket. Shopping with a list means that what you buy will actually fit into your current wardrobe and compliment the pieces you already own and enjoy.
Check these lists for some guidelines–and start making your list!
2. Embrace a “capsule wardrobe” concept that is focused on a few of your best colors (along with neutrals) that can be mixed and matched.
This is a beautiful example from Capsule Wardrobes using just 15 pieces of clothing!
3. Know your lifestyle–and consider ‘cost per wear.’
How often will you wear a fancy velvet duster (maybe once or twice a year?) vs. a pair of tailored black dress pants? Invest in the pieces you will wear more often and buy your “once-a-year” pieces when they’re on clearance–or borrow them from a friend!
Conversely, if you frequently attend formal evening events, investing in a fabulous cocktail dress makes more sense for you than spending a lot of money on designer jeans.
The more often you wear an item, the more money you can justify spending on it.
4. Buy pieces that are within your Dominant Color Category.
Don’t know your DCC? Check out my post all about it–with my corresponding Pinterest boards!–here.
Or take Shari Braendel’s Color E-nalysis quiz here.
Knowing your DCC means that you can…
- buy tops and scarves in your “pop” colors
- buy bottoms in your best neutrals
- invest in white vs. cream and black vs. brown with confidence
- buy shoes, bags and accessories that will work for your coloring and your wardrobe
5. Buy pieces that compliment your body type.
The goal is not necessarily to just draw attention to your best features or downplay your problem areas but to help you look proportionate.
Do you need to create a waistline? Downplay your bust? Extend your leg line? Buying pieces that suit your body type means that you will actually wear what you buy and feel confident wear it!
Stay tuned for more, coming soon!
What are your biggest shopping frustrations? Leave a comment here or hop on over to the FanTABulous Women Facebook page to keep the conversation going!
Interested in some personal shopping services from me? Contact me!
Girly or not–and whether your everyday wardrobe consists of jeans and tee shirts or office attire–here are some excellent reasons to add a few feminine touches to your wardrobe.
For more ideas, visit my Feminine Details Pinterest board.
- They play down your problem areas.
Pink fingernails or a pin-tucked blouse puts the attention where you want it. When you’re wearing sparkly earrings, no one is looking at your hips.
- They accentuate your best features.
Pretty feet? Shapely legs? Wear fantastic shoes. Nice teeth? Play up your smile with pink or red lipstick.
- They jazz up a plain outfit.
Are you comfortable spending your day in jeans and a tee-shirt? Just add a funky headband to add some interest. Are you required to wear business suits to your job at the bank? Add a vintage scarf in a fun print or a unique pin to your lapel. Even if you have to wear a red shirt and khaki pants to work, you’ll feel more “you” if you wear a crystal hair clip or colorful shoes with your uniform.
- They’re a conversation starter.
It never fails–when I wear bright colors, bold jewelry or an interesting combination of patterns, people notice me and talk to me more. Unless you prefer to always blend into the crowd, adding some feminine touches will cause you to be perceived as a fun, approachable, interesting person.
- They remind you that you’re a girl.
Men haven’t adopted high heels or skirts yet so enjoy how good it feels to wear girly clothes! There’s something about bright lip gloss, jangly bangles or an up-do that just makes you sashay a little more when you walk. Why not celebrate your womanhood??
- They’re fun!
And who doesn’t need a little more fun in her life?
Do you need to add more feminine touches to your outfits? What might you try? Keep the conversation going on the FanTABulous Women Facebook page.
Remember to visit my Feminine Details Pinterest board! And let me know if you’d like to be added as my Pin Pal!
Need help with your wardrobe? Let me help you “get noticed and become unforgettable”–contact me about a wardrobe assessment or personal shopping trip!
Next post: fun feminine touches for every wardrobe.
Christmas and New Year’s Eve are both quickly approaching.
If you’re like me, you can’t go out and buy new outfits for all of the upcoming occasions and photo ops BUT you want to look and feel amazing.
So, here are five ways to add some holiday WOW to our outfits. Shop your closet first, or treat yourself to something new–a lot of these items are deeply discounted this time of year!
1. Embellish your neck.
Any outfit or coat looks letter with a little pizzazz close to your face. You can wear your most basic pants and top but when you add a festive, sparkly or colorful scarf, it’s a WOW.
A festive red and green plaid, polka dots or a scarf in your pop color are good places to start. Not sure what your pop colors are? Discover your Dominant Color Category to find out!
2. Add some bling.
Pile on the bracelets, wear your chandelier earrings and add an extra ring or two–the bigger the better. Drag out your costume or vintage jewelry and even add a pin to your coat lapel while you’re at it.
Carry a sequined or glittery clutch or purse, too.
And wear your sequined or glittery shoes! It’s hard to overdo it when it’s the holidays.
3. Wear bright lipstick.
Whether red, plum or bright pink, wear a color that will make you feel fabulous. Almost everyone looks good in true red (with no orange undertones). A blue-based red even makes your teeth look whiter!
Exfoliate your lips with a warm washcloth or a gentle sugar scrub so dead skin doesn’t sabotage your look.
Remember: when you go with strong lips, keep your eyes and cheeks toned down.
4. Accessorize your ‘do.
Headbands, flower clips and feathers are “in” right now, so sweep your hair up or to the side and add a little flourish. You can even apply colored gel (pink! purple!) or tinsel! Fun!
5. Show off your legs.
Wear patterned tights, your highest heels or apply body lotion with glitter in it. You’ll feel flirty and feminine and might even walk a little taller.
Bonus! 6. Wear anything with feminine details, like ruffles or lace. It’s so pretty–and festive. It’s especially fun to mix in fancy with plain, like jeans with a lace top or black velvet pants with a simple tunic.
A few other tips:
- Plan your outfits ahead of time and hang them in your closet to avoid digging for stockings or an errant earring at the last minute.
- Take care of your skin, particularly when the weather is cold or windy. Drink plenty of water and hydrate, especially over night. Remember to take care of your feet, knees and elbows, too.
Need help taming winter skin? Contact me for a facial with a microdermabrasion treatment included! Your skin will thank you!
- Check out my “Holiday Wow!” Pinterest board for pictures and more ideas!
What can you add to your outfits for some holiday WOW?
Most of us aren’t required to look 100% professional 24/7.
It is inevitable that you will run into a colleague at the grocery store when you are still in your workout clothes or at the home improvement store when you are in your yard work clothes. I don’t know anyone who lives their entire life in a suit.
However, for those times when you want to look like the most professional version of yourself, here are some image tips. The main goals are to represent yourself well, to look like you’ve got it together and to not distract anyone with how you look.
Ladies & Gentlemen
1. Have a mint and save the gum for weekends. Chewing gum just looks silly in a professional environment, plus you may be like me and be tempted to blow bubbles, making you look like an eight-year-old.
2. Put your sunglasses away. You can’t imagine how many times I see people sitting in a meeting with their sunglasses perched on their head. Ladies, sunglasses are NOT a headband.
3. Clean up your shoes. Nothing looks more careless than dirty shoes. If you live somewhere dusty, keep wet wipes handy to clean up before entering a meeting.
4. Keep your nails trimmed and clean. Ladies, nude and light colors look best for your fingers (and use your discretion when it comes to your toes–you can probably get away with bold colors if you prefer).
5. Mind your body language. Maintain proper posture and when someone is speaking, make eye contact, nod and smile as appropriate.
6. Don’t overdo the cleavage or the exposed leg. Don’t let your skin be a distraction or affect your credibility. In fact, I recommend against spaghetti straps in the office and even sleeveless tops unless it is very modestly cut. Knee-length skirts or longer are also recommended. Oh, and when you wear a skirt, make sure it is lined or PLEASE wear a slip.
7. Beware of “dress shorts” and even “dress capris,” meaning fancier shorts and capris that are supposed to be office-worthy (like with pin stripes). Just make sure your overall look says “Professional” and not “about to board a cruise.”
8. Wear some makeup. It is a proven fact that women are considered more confident and competent when they wear simple, flattering makeup. Even out your skin tone with tinted moisturizer or foundation and accentuate your best features with a little mascara, plus a neutral blush and light lip gloss.
8. Keep your hair groomed. That means your facial hair, ears and nose, too! Consider waxing that uni-brow and PLEASE trim your long eyebrows.
9. Be bold with color! Don’t shy away from colors other than black, navy or gray. Whether a collared shirt or a dress shirt, most men (especially those of you with salt-and-pepper hair) look great in purple, red, a shade of turquoise and even orange. If your job requires you to be more conservative, consider a purple or pink-hued tie instead.
When you look your best, you will be AT your best!
What do YOU think should be added to this list?
Need help with your professional image? Contact me to schedule a “Next Step Assessment” to determine how we can work together to elevate your look to the next level!
Want to camouflage your hips or belly area?
There’s a solution often referred to as “column dressing” and it involves creating a long vertical line with your clothing.
This one uses all dark colors for your inner garments and a POP of color on the outside. The eye forgets about bulges or bumps and focuses instead of your pretty arms and that lovely color!
Plus a cute jacket like this also “nips in” the waist, too, creating an hourglass effect.
Try it sometime!