Check it out on TabithaDumas.com.
I am still in the process of putting all of my products and services under one umbrella but in the meantime, I am NOT taking on any new writing or consulting clients, which leaves me more time for YOU, my FanTABulous Women community!
I would LOVE to spend time with you talking about color, image and style! We can even go shopping together! OR, I can come help you in your closet!
YES, I can provide most of my services virtually, too! Contact me for more information.
My rates start at just $50 for an hour together when you come to my home office or we meet up in the east Phoenix valley. I can even do an “‘All About Me Day’ Head to Toe Makeover” package deal starting at just $499! Treat yourself or someone you love.
I look forward to meeting with you! And remember, I offer group events and workshops, too, starting at just $10 per person. Contact me for more info!
Spring is springing!
Are you sooooo over winter and ready for a refresh??
I’m offering a Total Spring Refresh for just $25 when you come to my home office/studio/craft room in south Chandler in the month of March!
Come with your skin care, makeup and color questions!
What does the Total Spring Refresh include?
- color analysis (including determination of your Dominant Color Category, best neutrals and best ‘pop’ colors plus much more)
- complete pampering facial including microdermabrasion treatment
- Satin Hands treatment
- MakeUpdate (we clean out your makeup bag, you get to try out a new look and I recommend makeup colors for you–Mary Kay or your favorite brand, it’s your choice)
- determination of your best SPRING colors
- light refreshments
- a FREE gift!
Plus receive an additional $10 gift certificate if you choose to purchase any Mary Kay products used during your appointment.
Plan to spend about an hour with me and YES, children are welcome! We have a playroom and a grassy back yard–no pool and no pets! Paypal, cash and checks are accepted.
You’ll feel like a new woman! Contact me to schedule your appointment today!
And…if you can’t make it to my house, I can come to you and two or more of your friends for just $10 per person! Contact me for details!
Spring is coming, spring is coming!!
I want to make bright ribbon streamers and dance barefoot through the streets shouting “Spring is coming!!”
I love spring.
So I’m hosting a shin-dig!
It’s my “Crafty Spring Origami Owl Day.”
It’s basically all of my favorite things rolled into one afternoon: friends, refreshments, crafting, origami, spring and Origami Owl jewelry. Yippee!!
It’s Friday, March 14th at 3:00pm at my house.
We will be
- having “girl time” in my home studio/craft room
- making origami goodies like dresses and envelopes–yes, you will leave with finished creations! (doing origami is so relaxing!)
- enjoying yummy food and drink
- looking at the HOT spring colors for 2014
- checking out my friend Shannan’s Origami Owl jewelry (side note: Shannan is such an amazing designer and team leader for Origami Owl–come learn some of her secrets!)
You can check it out on Shannan’s Origami Owl website here.
I have a few things on my Origami Owl Love Pinterest board, too.
Let me know if you want a catalog, too.
If you’ve never been to an Origami Owl jewelry bar, they’re so much fun! These “living lockets” make a wonderful gift for you to give yourself or give to a loved one. What a wonderful way to tell your story! They’re also perfect for Mother’s Day, which is coming up soon!
Of course there will be prizes, too!!
This event falls during our Spring Break so, yes, kids ARE welcome to come along and play in our playroom or back yard. My house is not baby-proofed, but it IS kid-friendly!
Moms, daughters and friends are welcome, too!
So meet some new ladies and “get your craft on!”
Event details are on the Facebook event page. Seating is limited to 12 so your RSVP is appreciated.
Welcome to my new meme called “Why I Bought That.”
I am all about Shopping on Purpose, meaning saving time, money and frustration by filling your closet with clothes that
- fill in the gaps of what you need in your wardrobe
- coordinate with what you already own–style-wise as well as color
- work for your lifestyle and have a reasonable “cost per wear”
- fit within your Dominant Color Category
- complement your body type.
Add to that “make you feel good.” No one needs to wear clothes that make them feel uncomfortable or awkward, or that they just don’t look good in. You should love what you see in the mirror!
So, yesterday I spent about an hour in a local Bealls Outlet and came out with two tops. I was on the hunt for pants but none of them worked–pants are tricky for me at 5’9″ and possessing hips.
I thought this top was really cute but I only bought one.
Before we even go into the color, let’s talk about Why I Bought That (based on the above list).
- I needed some versatile tops for spring–chevron is on trend and classic at the same time
- it can be dressed up or down (jeans for the weekend, with a blazer for work)
- I can layer it with a jacket or cardigan (also making it multi-seasonal)
- it’s comfortable and easy to wash (cotton/spandex back, poly front)–and a smoking deal at just $12!
- the colors and pattern work well for me (a Deep DCC)
- the style is flattering (loose and flowy but not boxy)–and it’s plenty long
Now are you wondering which one I chose?
The BLACK one!
Why the black?
Mainly because of #2 above: “coordinates with what you already own–style-wise as well as color.” See below?
- I already own black jeans and black Bermuda shorts to wear it with
- I can wear it more easily with colored jeans or capris like red, turquoise or purple (which I’m on the hunt for)
- it will go with the accessories I already own like my black shoes, black boots and green purse
- it will be easy to accessorize with jewelry items I already own
So there you go.
(I may buy a turquoise bubble necklace to go with it, though–but only if it fits all of the criteria, too!)
Next time you’re debating about buying something new, just ask yourself:
- Does it fill in the gaps of what I need in my wardrobe?
- Does it coordinate with what I already own–style-wise as well as color?
- Does it work for my lifestyle and have a reasonable “cost per wear?”
- Does it fit within my Dominant Color Category?
- Does it complement my body type?
And of course…”do I feel FanTABulous when I wear it?”
I hope this helps you Shop on Purpose. Stay tuned for my next installment!
Is this helpful or inspiring? Leave a comment or hop on over to the FanTABulous Women Facebook page to keep the conversation going.
If you live in the Phoenix valley and need personal shopping services, rates start at $50 per hour! Contact me for more info.
FINAL NOTE: After reading your guesses and reasons on Facebook, I’m thinking about going back to buy the blue one, too!!
I want to help you discover your Dominant Color Category so I can then recommend wardrobe items like scarves, blazers and floral prints for your unique coloring AND tell you what HOT seasonal colors will work for you.
This concept comes from Shari Braendel‘s book “Good Girls Don’t Have To Dress Bad” found on Amazon. I highly recommend the book and I ADORE Shari. This is Shari with my mom and me at an event last year at ASU.
DOMINANT COLOR CATEGORIES
I have a Pinterest board for each category that I curate on an ongoing basis.
I invite you to ”follow” the board for your category.
There are six categories:
1. Light. Naturally blonde or white hair. Fair skin tone. Light to medium eye color.
2. Deep. Medium to dark brown or black hair. Medium to dark skin tone. Hazel, brown or black eyes.
The DEEP Pinterest board.
3. Soft. Light to medium brown hair (or ‘mousy’ or ‘dishwater blonde’). Light to medium skin tone. Medium intensity eye color like hazel, brown, blue or green.
The SOFT Pinterest board.
4. Clear. Dark medium brown to black hair. Very light or medium skin tone. Bright eye colors (green, blue or hazel) or dark brown.
5. Warm. Red hair or golden blonde or brown hair with reddish highlights. Any skin tone, sometimes with freckles. Green, blue, brown or hazel eyes.
The WARM Pinterest board.
6. Cool. Silver, gray or ash brown hair. Light to medium skin tone (often with a pink undertone). Blue, green, hazel or brown eyes.
The COOL Pinterest board.
Not sure which category you fall into? Wondering if you got it right?
Use Shari’s Color Enalysis tool.
I hope this helps, and I hope you’ll keep checking back for recommendations related to YOUR Dominant Color Category!