If you’re joining us from the FanTABulous Women email newsletter, welcome!
Do you find yourself wishing for a smoother morning routine that also helps you start your day looking and feeling your best?
Here are my five secrets!
1. Choose your outfit the night before. Try it on and lay out everything you will need, including undergarments, shoes and accessories. There’s nothing more stressful than searching for a lone camisole or errant earring when you’re racing against the clock in the morning!
2. Have a simple everyday makeup look easily accessible. Set aside your wild eye shadows and bold lipsticks for special occasions. Make sure that your basic foundation and mascara, along with two to three eye shadows and a blush in neutral shades, are handy so you have no excuse for leaving the house without makeup on.
3. Start your day in a happy place. Take time to sip a cup of coffee, read a page from an inspiring book, repeat your personal mantra, stretch your body or write in your journal before the craziness of the day sets in. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman with a smile on her face and a spring in her step!
4. Keep healthy breakfast foods on hand. Whether it’s a boiled egg, protein bar, V8 juice or cheese stick, eating a healthy breakfast doesn’t have to mean sitting down to a hot meal. You’ll feel better all day if you start it with good fuel and having something you can grab on your way out the door will help guard against desperate donut purchases.
5. Get a grip on your to-do list. Whether twenty items or three, spend some time with your to-do list in the morning and map out your day. Consider tackling your hardest task first, followed by a fun task, to start your day well. Try to schedule in some “me time,” too, even if it’s just flipping through a new magazine in the school car line or enjoying a special treat with your lunch.
Here’s to a happier and more FanTABulous morning!
Could your morning routine use some help? What ideas would you consider implementing this week?