Welcome to my new meme called “Why I Bought That.”
I am all about Shopping on Purpose, meaning saving time, money and frustration by filling your closet with clothes that
- fill in the gaps of what you need in your wardrobe
- coordinate with what you already own–style-wise as well as color
- work for your lifestyle and have a reasonable “cost per wear”
- fit within your Dominant Color Category
- complement your body type.
Add to that “make you feel good.” No one needs to wear clothes that make them feel uncomfortable or awkward, or that they just don’t look good in. You should love what you see in the mirror!
So, yesterday I spent about an hour in a local Bealls Outlet and came out with two tops. I was on the hunt for pants but none of them worked–pants are tricky for me at 5’9″ and possessing hips.
I thought this top was really cute but I only bought one.
Before we even go into the color, let’s talk about Why I Bought That (based on the above list).
- I needed some versatile tops for spring–chevron is on trend and classic at the same time
- it can be dressed up or down (jeans for the weekend, with a blazer for work)
- I can layer it with a jacket or cardigan (also making it multi-seasonal)
- it’s comfortable and easy to wash (cotton/spandex back, poly front)–and a smoking deal at just $12!
- the colors and pattern work well for me (a Deep DCC)
- the style is flattering (loose and flowy but not boxy)–and it’s plenty long
Now are you wondering which one I chose?
The BLACK one!
Why the black?
Mainly because of #2 above: “coordinates with what you already own–style-wise as well as color.” See below?
- I already own black jeans and black Bermuda shorts to wear it with
- I can wear it more easily with colored jeans or capris like red, turquoise or purple (which I’m on the hunt for)
- it will go with the accessories I already own like my black shoes, black boots and green purse
- it will be easy to accessorize with jewelry items I already own
So there you go.
(I may buy a turquoise bubble necklace to go with it, though–but only if it fits all of the criteria, too!)
Next time you’re debating about buying something new, just ask yourself:
- Does it fill in the gaps of what I need in my wardrobe?
- Does it coordinate with what I already own–style-wise as well as color?
- Does it work for my lifestyle and have a reasonable “cost per wear?”
- Does it fit within my Dominant Color Category?
- Does it complement my body type?
And of course…”do I feel FanTABulous when I wear it?”
I hope this helps you Shop on Purpose. Stay tuned for my next installment!
Is this helpful or inspiring? Leave a comment or hop on over to the FanTABulous Women Facebook page to keep the conversation going.
If you live in the Phoenix valley and need personal shopping services, rates start at $50 per hour! Contact me for more info.
FINAL NOTE: After reading your guesses and reasons on Facebook, I’m thinking about going back to buy the blue one, too!!