I want to help you discover your Dominant Color Category so I can then recommend wardrobe items like scarves, blazers and floral prints for your unique coloring AND tell you what HOT seasonal colors will work for you.
This concept comes from Shari Braendel‘s book “Good Girls Don’t Have To Dress Bad” found on Amazon. I highly recommend the book and I ADORE Shari. This is Shari with my mom and me at an event last year at ASU.
DOMINANT COLOR CATEGORIES
I have a Pinterest board for each category that I curate on an ongoing basis.
I invite you to ”follow” the board for your category.
There are six categories:
1. Light. Naturally blonde or white hair. Fair skin tone. Light to medium eye color.
2. Deep. Medium to dark brown or black hair. Medium to dark skin tone. Hazel, brown or black eyes.
The DEEP Pinterest board.
3. Soft. Light to medium brown hair (or ‘mousy’ or ‘dishwater blonde’). Light to medium skin tone. Medium intensity eye color like hazel, brown, blue or green.
The SOFT Pinterest board.
4. Clear. Dark medium brown to black hair. Very light or medium skin tone. Bright eye colors (green, blue or hazel) or dark brown.
5. Warm. Red hair or golden blonde or brown hair with reddish highlights. Any skin tone, sometimes with freckles. Green, blue, brown or hazel eyes.
The WARM Pinterest board.
6. Cool. Silver, gray or ash brown hair. Light to medium skin tone (often with a pink undertone). Blue, green, hazel or brown eyes.
The COOL Pinterest board.
Not sure which category you fall into? Wondering if you got it right?
Use Shari’s Color Enalysis tool.
I hope this helps, and I hope you’ll keep checking back for recommendations related to YOUR Dominant Color Category!