I love direct sales, I love shopping, I love discovering new women-owned businesses and I loooove vendor events!
I’ve attended plenty and have participated in too many to keep count. Here are some of my hard-won lessons about making the most of participating in vendor events.
1. Stand at your booth or table. This makes your table more approachable and encourages interaction with your customers. You want them to feel comfortable perusing your goodies and asking questions. If you feel awkward, straighten or rearrange items.
2. Make sure your display is interactive, and have plenty of samples. If you sell something wearable, let women try it on.
3. Offer a giveaway or raffle prize to collect your prospects’ name, phone number and e-mail so they don’t just walk off with your catalog and disappear into oblivion.
4. Make the most of your space. Put products at various heights to add interest, prominently display your company name or logo, have catalogs available and keep it attractive and color-coordinated.
5. HAVE FUN! When you are excited about the event and what you’re promoting, your customers will be, too!
Download my vendor checklist!
Download my Vendor Checklist!
What questions do you have about maximizing your participation in a vendor event? I’ll be happy to answer them!