DX 2-Man is dedicated to delivering larger and heavier consumer goods into the customer’s room of choice; whether in their home (including garden and garage) or at a business address.
The service is designed to extend a high quality service for online sellers, manufacturers, importers or high street retailers into a delivery (and optional installation) experience of high quality and care. The 2-Man name comes from the presence of crew, a driver and mate, who together carry out the delivery and other specified services. ...
- Doorstep or room of choice delivery
- Connect new / disconnect old appliances
- Removal of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) furniture and mattresses
- Saturday delivery
- Light assembly of furniture items (attaching legs etc.)
- Removal and disposal of packaging
How the process works
Order placed with supplier and manifested to DX for delivery. Delivery date SMS sent to customer with option to call and change.
The next day, the customer receives an SMS from DX (c. 18:30 hrs) advising of the 2 hour window for delivery the following day.
The following day (delivery day) the customer receives an SMS (c. 08:30 hrs) from DX containing a delivery tracking link.
The DX crew contacts the customer when 30-60 mins away to ensure they are available. On arrival, crew ascertain desired delivery location and carry out any risk assessment as required.
Once the customer is satisfied that all delivered items are in good order, they sign for these using a hand-held device.
How you will benefit
- Customer convenience
- A telephone call is made to the end customer from our delivery crew while en route, confirming the estimated time of delivery.
- Branded experience
- 2-Man deliveries are carried out as standard by DX branded vehicles, attaching the strength of our long established reputation to your service. As an alternative, through our DX Logistics operation, your deliveries can be made by vehicles displaying your own livery.
- Risk-assessed and well-planned delivery
- On arrival at a delivery, our crews risk assess both the goods and the end customer’s room of choice to establish a delivery plan (e.g. wearing overshoes, applying dustcovers and clearing a path way through the property).
- H&S and consideration for property
- Our crews use appropriate handling equipment on all deliveries to ensure safety for all parties during delivery. They also utilise sliders and landing mats to protect flooring at the delivery address.
- Light assembly and wet connection available
- Light assembly and wet connection form a valuable part of our offer, enabling you to provide customers with a ready-to-use delivery. We train our staff in this area at our own purpose-built training facility.
- Removal and recycling of old items and packaging
- Our crews will remove product packaging from the delivery address for recycling. We will also remove old appliances and furniture for WEEE recycling.
Start using DX 2-Man
We’re here, ready and waiting to talk to you about your requirements. Whether you are best served by this service or another part of our offer, our experience, expertise and unrivalled Customer Service will help you improve efficiency, lower costs and provide exemplary service to your customers.